The Wilson T. Ballard Company offers a wide array of Water Resources Design and Permitting Services to our clientele for various types of projects. Our engineering staff has expertise ranging from planning to advertisement of a project. We have experience preparing hydraulic/hydrologic studies, concept and final design documents of drainage and stormwater management infrastructure projects for state, county, local and private clients.
Our Water Resource design services include:
- Hydrologic Analysis
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Evaluation, upgrading and retrofitting of existing stormwater management facilities, open and closed drainage systems
- New open and closed drainage systems
- Identification, site assessment and analysis of potential stormwater management facility locations
- New stormwater management facilities
- MD-378 compliant facilities
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Outfall Evaluation
- Floodplain Analysis
- Drainage Investigations
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) compliance
- Best Management Practices (BMP)
- Concept/Site Development/Final Review Design
In an effort to develop projects in a practical and cost effective method, the Water Resources staff continually coordinates with other design groups within the Wilson T. Ballard Company to ensure our design incorporates the parameters, constraints and goals of the overall project while minimizing the impacts to utilities, Right-of-Way and environmental features.
We have an established familiarity with many of the state and local review permitting processes such as:
- Erosion and sediment control (MDE, SHA PRD & SCD)
- Stormwater Management (MDE, SHA PRD, County, Local)
- Small pond approvals (SCD)
- A MDE certified expedited reviewer on staff.